Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Upgrading the Acer C110

I decided to upgrade the Acer C110 Tablet. As I wrote before, I would like the Acer to have a longer life battery, a screen as good as the Samsung Q1P, and rev G wireless. Another item I hadn't mentioned before is a larger hard drive size. The current hard drive is only 40 Gb.

So I did a Google search to see what others may have done to improve their Acer C11x series of tablets and found a posting by Michael Cuthbert which had some great suggestions two of which I have already taken action on by purchasing the devices, the Samsung 160GB hard drive and the Intel 2915 wireless network adaptor which will give me rev G wireless. I am very excited about the 160 GB of storage. No more having to move videos to my external USB drive.

I still would like to have battery life similar to the Q1P (+4 hours) but it appears there is no extended battery available for the Acer. So perhaps I will get a power bank so at least I will not have to rely on access to an electrical outlet.

As for the screen, I don't think I will have the quality of the Q1P, but there has been talk in various forums that the C111s had a better screen, so perhaps I can find one of those and replace the screen on my C110.

I'll keep you posted on how things go.

No comments: