Monday, October 15, 2007

UMPC Not for Me!

After having the Q1P for almost 10 months I have come to the conclusion that the UMPC (at least in the form of the Q1P) is not ideal for me. Most of the features I like about the Q1P are not UMPC specific: incredible screen, great sound, wonderful 4+ hour of battery life with the extended battery, bluetooth, and wireless rev G.

In fact if Acer still made the C110 tablet series (my old tablet) I'm sure most if not all of these features would have been added or upgraded. Plus Acer C110 already had the key features I most need, a keyboard, a workable 10" screen and a smallish form factor that converts to a slate. For my daily use, the Q1 screen at the native resolution of 800 x 400 is just too small for many web sites and programs I use and as a very decent typer, having to use the TIP is a let down for me.

So I am now considering going back to the Acer with some upgrades, buying a used C110 with bluetooth and a later wireless rev, or perhaps looking for a device similar to the Acer that would fit my needs. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: